Order management features in Miles ERP include much more than just industry specific forms and email/SMS confirmations: the system contains an extensive toolkit for creating, importing, and handling orders and for defining rules related to their processing.
Miles ERP manages your orders, regardless of the transport type. Individual order can be handled in many ways: it can be divided into parts, combined with another order, assigned to several vehicles or turned into a transport chain containing pickup and delivery services.
The software comes with several ready-made order types, i.e., transport specific rulesets that guide order processing throughout the system – from a quote request to invoicing. There are, among others, pre-configured order types for the following modes of transport:
- charter and other pre-booked services
- instant bookings and hail-a-taxi orders
- bus lines and other fixed-route services
- social service transport
- combined orders with individual pickups and deliveries
- school transport
- patient transport service
- food and small goods transport
- on-demand transport
- contract freight
- frame transport
- pickups and deliveries
- transport with intermodal containers
- special transport
You can customize existing order types to suit your business needs and add an unlimited number of new ones to your system. They can be general and used for all customers or customer specific.
Tools for order processing
Many of the easy-to-use features help you fill out an order: e.g., there is autofill of addresses based on street register, an efficient customer register search, and automatic estimate of destination time. You can also speed up creation and importing orders into the system with the following tools:
Creation of multiple recurring orders
- save recurring orders as templates to quickly create a large number of new orders over any time period
- a precise schedule can be included in a template: e.g., months in advance, you can create orders, that repeat every other week on Tuesdays and Thursdays except on certain public holidays
- the function is an effective time-saver, as you can have unlimited order templates and use all of them at once to create orders for any desired period
- if the templates need to be modified at any time, the function can be performed again for the same period
- templates can also be of use in resource planning for fixed routes
Online forms for orders and quote requests
- lets your customers submit orders and requests for quotations with their web browser
- customers can accept offers, and in some cases – if necessary – also cancel orders via email link
- for instant taxi orders, the customer can be located, and the order can automatically be offered to the nearest car
- if necessary, you can restrict the use of online forms to only logged-in customers
Import from file
- you can import orders into the system from an EDI / XML or CSV file
Import and export via API
- orders can also be imported and exported between Miles ERP and external systems using WebService API
- use cases include, for instance, your partner company's ERP or your own travel retail system
Call center integration
- enables customer identification and picking up calls
Orders can instantly be filled out with all the required information without compromising the accuracy of the resource management: if necessary, you can find the nearest vehicle and a suitable driver at the touch of a button.
While filling out an order, the system checks that the total transport capacity of your company, the restrictions imposed by the driver's collective agreement, or the transition period between orders, are not exceeded. However, it is also possible to override these checks so that any temporary resource shortages can be managed later during the transit planning and rota planning processes.
Handling completed orders
Drivers and order processors can add additional instructions to orders. These notes can only be viewed by other staff members and they go through the whole lifecycle of an order enabling your staff to communicate about special situations and policies related to it. They come especially handy when it comes to processing orders after their completion.
Miles ERP supports the mode of operation in which the supervisor approves the completed orders manually before they are transferred to invoicing. You can approve all orders at once and, if necessary, also streamline the process by letting the system automatically approve certain types of orders as they get fulfilled.
Orders can also be priced automatically according to customer's contract on approval.